Friday, April 30, 2010

Planting the seeds



So, today I took the very important step of preparing my coworkers for the coming gloriousness.  On the Friday before Shave Night a coworker organized a team lunch to a local taco place.  I found it to be the perfect opportunity to inform my coworkers that what they were about to witness was not creepy.  That in fact, it was awesomeness.
You see, I’m an independent contractor.  I don’t have years of tenure or a well-established relationship with my coworkers.  I’ve been contracting with this firm for only about two months.  And while we all know that mustaches are typically a source of inspiration to most men, the first week or so of emergence can cause confusion and occasionally will set off the “creepy” vibe.
So, after bringing back to the table a big bowl of chips melted cheese (the modern day peace pipe), I brought up Mustaches 4 Kids and how I had gotten myself involved with the group.
Needless to say, working for a construction company has its perks when it comes to many mustaches.  Agreement was had all around that the idea was a fantastic one and I even recruited some potential growers for next year after, “I see how it goes for you this year.”  Excellent. 
Now, the wife knows. The family knows. And the guys at work know.  I’m free to ascend Mt. Manly.

No comments:

Post a Comment